Michael Ellerby – a well-respected Leicester Health and Safety Consultant who leads an enviable team of Health and Safety experts
Michael is the Director of LRB Consulting Limited and has been running this great Loughborough based Health and Safety Consultancy since 2000. He has considerable experience in all aspects of general health and safety, as well as in fire safety, chemical safety, COSHH, process safety, etc. He started his career in industrial research and development before moving into process development and technical management. While working as a production manager, Michael developed an interest in, and an aptitude for, health and safety management. He moved on to become a health and safety consultant, working for one of the UK’s largest health and safety consultancies, before moving into independent practice. As well as being a Chartered Health and Safety Professional, Chartered Chemist, Chartered Member of IOSH and a Member of the Institute of Fire Safety Managers, he is listed on the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register – OSHCR.
He is a CIEH certified health and safety trainer and has written and delivered many health and safety training courses as well as being a technical author, and has been a consultant editor and reviewer of a wide range of safety publications. The has delivered Webinar style training sessions and carries out training for large organisations overseas (such as in Dubai). His recent and current clients include BioCity Group, EuroMaTech, Glomacs, EasyJet, Wyevale Garden Centres, DHL Air Ltd, The University of Sheffield, PKF Cooper Parry, Vink plc, as well as many smaller Leicester and Nottingham based businesses
LRB Consulting Ltd
19 The Office Village
2 Fairmeadows Way
Tel: 01509 550023
Operating from the East Midlands town of Loughborough, Leicestershire, LRB Consulting is ideally positioned to provide health and safety support and work with a broad range of clients and industries across the UK. They operate nationally and have clients located in Loughborough, Leicester, Sheffield, Manchester, Birmingham and London. The range of clients varies hugely with respect to the business sector and the size of the company. LRB Consulting is happy to service almost any business, from tiny start-ups to large corporations. If you are looking for the personal touch and want to work with an understanding consultancy, then try LRB Consulting – helping you to make Health and Safety practices simple – to them: Safety Matters.
- We are carrying out health and safety audits for a range of facilities management companies across the UK.
- Michael is a Senior Consultant with a Training Provider specialising in providing training to the Middle East (principally in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Oman). Michael has developed and written several courses for this provider, including:
- Laboratory Safety: Hazards and Control Measures
- Process Safety and Compliance
- Occupational Health and Hygiene,
- Advanced Risk Assessment and Advanced Incident Investigation
- Site Safety and Inspection
- Michael was appointed as interim ‘Head of Safety Services’ for the University of Sheffield for the first half of 2012. This Head of Department (HoD) role proved to be both challenging and rewarding, with contributions made in a significant number of health, safety and management areas. In particular, the Health and Safety The Training programme at the University was overhauled, and the Fire Risk Assessment programme received a significant amount of attention and improvement.
- We have helped Dimension Development Limited of Leicester to create a positive health and safety culture within their organisation and to tackle many of the issues facing them. Consequently, they are now more efficient than ever and are reaping the benefits of good safety, good organisation, and good business.
- Michael has written a detailed course on Laboratory Safety for the international market. This course has been delivered to audiences in Dubai, with several 5-day seminars already organised. This training is also being rolled out to Oman.
- We worked with The Garden Centre Group (previously known as Wyevale) to provide Health and Safety Management support, This included we carrying out Fire Risk Assessments at all of their premises. We also provided them with a significant amount of training (including General Health and Safety Training, Legionella Awareness Training, Asbestos Awareness Training and a full range of Food Safety Training).
“Mike has delivered both Food Hygiene and Health and Safety up to level three. At all times Mike has been professional and efficient, also learners have found the course engaging, stretching and informative.”
Tom Martell, Training Manager, The Garden Centre Group
Choose LRB Consulting because, to us, Safety_Matters
There are many Health and Safety Consultancies out there, so why pick LRB Consulting? Well, there are many reasons, such as:
- We work with you and help you to solve your problems
- We speak your language and work with you to deliver a service that meets the needs of your business
- We avoid jargon and take a very practical approach
- We develop an understanding of your business and help you to manage your health and safety
- We help to provide you with peace of mind
Services offered by LRB Consulting Ltd:
- Health and Safety Consultancy
- Fire Risk Assessments
- Risk Assessment
- Safety Compliance Audits
- COSHH Assessments
- Health and Safety Training
- Legionella Awareness Training
- Asbestos Awareness Training
- Food Safety Training
- Food Safety Audits
- First Aid Training
Michael has a wealth of knowledge available. This has provided training courses which have given superb results and also consultancy services which have delivered high quality reports that have allowed me to save money. Good quality health and safety does pay for itself.
Brian Goulding, Health & Safety Manager, The Garden Centre Group
Tweets by @safety_matters