COSHH Awareness Training Course
Looking for a COSHH awareness course? Look no further, this course could be exactly right for you.
This COSHH Awareness Training Course includes
- definition and types of substances hazardous to health in the workplace
- an update on safety labels and safety data sheets (REACH)
- health effects of hazardous substances and their causes
- COSHH assessments and control options
- responsibilities imposed by the control of substances hazardous to health regulations
- additional practical emphasis on the COSHH Assessment, including syndicate exercises in COSHH risk assessment.
We will discuss the basic principles of COSHH
The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) require that the health risks arising from exposure to substances hazardous to health are avoided where this is reasonably practicable or that they are controlled where it is not reasonably practicable to avoid them. In order to comply with the principles of COSHH, the employer should:
- Assess the risks to health and decide what precautions are needed.
- Inform workers of the risks associated with exposure to substances hazardous to health and of the control measures to be used to ensure their health and safety.
- Prevent workers being exposed to substances hazardous to health or, where this is not reasonably practicable, ensure that such exposure is controlled adequately.
- Ensure that exposure control measures are followed at all times, and regularly checked and maintained, and that safety procedures are observed.
- Monitor workers exposure to substances hazardous to health and carry out appropriate health surveillance, where the COSHH assessment has shown this is necessary.
- Train workers in the use of control measures and the use of any personal protective equipment that may be required.
- Provide suitable welfare facilities, such as washing and areas to consume food away from the work place.
Course Date: 27 May 2015
Course Duration - 1 day
Course cost: £160, plus VAT
Venue: The Chapter House, Nanpantan, Loughborough, Leicestershire
Michael’s company provides what I need, when I need it, at a very reasonable cost. It really is as simple as that, and there is little to add. I would not hesitate to recommend Mike and LRB Consulting.
Neil Fincham, Centre Manager, The Arcade, Nottingham