Our Code of Conduct
- ‘The GB Group’ members agree to abide by this Code of Conduct and to make prospective customers aware of it.
- Any customer of a member of ‘The GB Group’ may complain to ‘The GB Group’ if it believes a member may have breached the Code.
- The ‘The GB Group’ Professional Practices Committee will investigate the complaint, and if it appears that the Code has been breached will attempt, if need be, to negotiate a settlement.
- It is the Code, and ‘The GB Group’s’ intent to uphold it, that makes the members accountable for their standards – a valuable asset to customers and members.
- In any event, all customers are asked to provide feedback to ‘The GB Group’ at the completion of the assignment.
- All ‘The GB Group’ members are Owners, Senior Managers or Decision Makers of their business, so as to offer a broad commercial perspective as well as their field of expertise.
- Members have a minimum 5 years experience in their field of expertise.
- References are available for all their relevant achievements.
- A ‘The GB Group’ Confidentiality Agreement will be offered to all potential customers prior to them briefing a member for an assignment.
- Members will provide free of charge to a potential customer, a stated minimum amount of time according to the circumstances, so as to understand the brief and make a proposal.
- A member’s proposal will be in the form of a ‘The GB Group’ template Contract or the individual member’s business instruction / agreement, which gives the customer a written and precise set of services, timings, fees and expenses.
- Where a customer so requires, members will not work in a customer’s market (as defined in writing by the member and the customer) for an agreed period of time after the completion of the final project for that customer.
- No member will refer a customer to another member for their field of expertise, without that customer’s consent. The member giving the referral will give written confirmation of this consent.
- The member who receives the referral will contact the customer within the next 48 working hours, and will inform the relevant member of the outcome of the initial contact.
- The Group will not publicise a customer and the benefits delivered by the member, without the customer’s written approval of the actual publicity.
- All members carry a Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy where applicable and feasible.
- All members belong to their appropriate Institute or trade body, and will declare their associations upon application to join the group.
- All members comply with Companies House and HMRC regulations.
Michael acted as health and safety training consultant on Croner’s Health and Safety Training Resource, and also contributed a number of updates and in-depth articles to other publications, all to a high standard. Experienced and helpful, and always a pleasure to work with.
Tim Gilpin, Croner (Wolters Kluwer), Kingston-upon-Thames
Tweets by @theGBgroup